Tuesday, January 3, 2012

GettingRAW's 2011 Top 15 Favorites

Since January is always a good time for reflection, I decided it would be a good time to go back and take a look at some of our favorites from the past years. Yes I said years with an "s" because I have some favorites that were posted at the end of 2010 that I can't bear to leave out. 

They say that people eat on average the same 10-15  things on a regular basis. So find your 15 and you are set! These are items that are on our regular rotation.

Fruits and Desserts are going to come up separately because they really can't compete fairly. 
They are in no particular order because that would be way too hard!

So without further adieu...


No. 1
Mangolicious- Green Smoothie!
Oops, did I say I would put fruits separately? I will... with this exception.
I could drink this everyday and often do. It's usually my morning start. I love the flavor combo here!


No. 2
Thai Crunch Salad
This salad is a Double Whammy because you can also forgo the shredded cabbage and make lettuce wraps from these ingredients. For this picture I added edamame as well.  So good!


No. 3
Sweet Corn and Celery Soup
I LOVE corn! and when it's raw it stays a veggie and does not become a starch. Great news!


No. 4
O.S.T.A.- Onion Bread, Sprouts, Tomato & Avocado
Huge favorite around here! Lunch, snack, paired with a bowl of soup, whatever! Always good!


No. 5
Classic Andalusian Gazpacho
So fresh and delicious, a summer time fave!


No. 6
Jicama Salad
Tasty crunchy mix of veggies in a light creamy dressing. Kinda like potato salad but much better!


No. 7
Tacos!
This is so tasty you will never remember why you ate meat or tortillas in your tacos.


No. 8
Chia Cereal
This is Rich's favorite breakfast. Eats it everyday. It's like a pudding but packed with energy. 
I make it the night before and in the morning he grates either apple or pear on top 
or in season- adds sliced peaches!


No. 9
Apple Butternut Squash Soup

A Fall and Winter treat, even without the spider web.


No. 10
Simple Fresh Corn and Tomato Salad
This is always a winner and even with it's simplicity it blows people away with how good it is!


No. 11
Cocao-Nana-Tini


Don't let the size of this glass fool you. I can drink a 16 oz drink of this at once and it really keeps me going. The combo of cacao and bananas make this a great meal for energy that tastes soooo good!
I haven't tried it yet but I think this would make an AWESOME ice cream!!


No. 12
Thai Carrot Soup

This may be my all time favorite soup- evva!

No. 13
Fiesta Chopped Salad With Lime and Honey Dressing
This is so good and while I did sneak some black beans in here, you can easily omit to stay higher raw. This is great for a gathering but whether you serve 20 or 2 it won't last long!


No. 14
Red Pepper Bisque Soup
Always a favorite and so much flavor. Hard to believe I never used to like bell peppers!


No. 15
Fresh Muesli with Pecan Maple Cream
Another breakfast favorite for those colder mornings when you feel like something heartier.


Surprise. Surprise!
 I just realized I left a few favorites out. 
Well good thing we are starting a new year, huh?
I'm excited to get back at it and share some more great food with you all!

Happy New Year Everyone! I hope it's your Best Year Ever!

XXOO

 Jodi

7 comments:

MarjiB60 said...

This is a wonderful compilation of recipes! Your ingredients are so healthy and the photos are beautiful! This collection would make a great DVD, and I would buy it,how bout it Jodi?

I do believe your blog is my favorite! Keep up the good work!

Rich~LinksGolf said...

I can vouch for all of them- really good!

Jodi is Purely Nourished said...

Thanks Marjorie! Your comments mean so much!

Jodi is Purely Nourished said...

Well, Look who read my blog! I think This was a first for Rich and what is funny is that afterwards he got up and made his own chia cereal for the morning. Said the picture I took does not do it any justice! So there might be a picture swap soon. ;-)

Lisa Viger said...

Nice! Especially the chia ... going to run down right now and get some soaking for the morning!

Jodi is Purely Nourished said...

Awe... Thanks Lisa- coming from you this means a lot! Thanks for stopping by! ;-)

Treesa said...

I'd like a No.2 please! Yum.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...