Sunday, July 31, 2011

Jicama Salad or Mock "Potato Salad"

Raw Jicama Salad or Mock "Potato Salad"
Hello All! I have so much I've wanted to share with you but our main computer has been in the shop. I have loads of photos all set to share with what I have been up to but they are trapped in the computer. I kept thinking any day now it would return but no such luck yet. Ugh!

Meanwhile I have been getting really good feedback on a recipe post I made awhile back over at Raw Food Rehab in their recipe section, so I thought I would share that here with you.  It's super easy and very tasty.

Many people call this "Potato Salad" because it's similar in texture I guess. It's creamy and a little crunchy. If you are like me and are not a potato salad fan, I hope you try it anyway. I was never a potato salad fan because I don't care for mayonaise so much, but I do love this! That actually is a theme running for me in raw. I am finding I like much more than ever, probably because the flavor and tastes are so fresh.

In general I am not a fan in calling things similar to regular S.A.D. (standard american diet) food versions because they generally do not taste anywhere near the original and if you are hoping so you will be disappointed but they do serve as some wonderful replacements in the diet. I challenge anyone to take this to a party with people that don't eat raw and see if it doesn't disappear the fastest out of all the dishes served- just don't call it potato salad.

Hmmm....Don't call me...Tater Salad.
        Love Ron White ;-)

I had already labeled it on my post and since I am just copying it over, Potato Salad it is. (sorry about the typos and lack of photos)




I hope you try this because it is delicious!

And if you do try it, tell me if you would call it mock potato salad, would you? I would love to know if you think it's similar.

Hope to be back up and running on my main computer soon. I've got lots of fun things planned and some news about an experiment I have going.

'Til then, take care!

3 comments:

evergreen said...

Hi Jodi~ Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! I made it today and loved it. The dressing is so good and the great combination of veggies definitely gives it that potato salad vibe:)

Hope your computer problems will be over soon!

Jodi is Purely Nourished said...

Hi Evergreen! So glad to hear that you made and enjoyed it! Thanks also for the potato salad input. Crossing my fingers that the 'puter comes home tomorrow. ;-)

Take care!

Mieke said...

Great recipe! Keep posting yours they look amazing!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...