Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Top 10 Getting Raw Desserts


They say if you want people to give raw food a try, start with the desserts. 
So true because the desserts are so delicious!
Recapping some of our all time favorite desserts from the last year and change of this blog. 
Hope you enjoy!


No. 1 
(Pictured above)
This was a special recipe for me as this cake was a gift for a friend's birthday. Not only was it the first time I had ever made a raw cheesecake but I even had the nerve to test it out at a birthday party with folks that had no interest in raw food and guess what?
They really liked it!


No. 2

Ambrosia Salad
This is still one of my favorite desserts even though it is simply a medley of fruit with honey.
It's just gorgeous!


No. 3
Minced Fruit Pie
Rich isn't really a dessert guy but he said this was his hands down favorite.
 Gotta go with that!


No. 4
Winter Citrus Sherbet
This is a really simply base recipe for sherbet- you can substitute any fresh juice
 and treat yourself !


No. 5
Caramel Apples
Caramel and Apples- not just for October. 
This caramel dip has been a staple for me gettingraw
I make up the dip and have it on hand for a snack with apples all the time.
Come to think of it.....


No. 6
Chocolate Mousse
Pictured here, I have this swimming in a pool of Raspberry Coulis.
Another great staple recipe for when the need for chocolate arrives.
 This is so good!
No one will ever know what the key ingredient is.


No. 7
Brownie Bites
All dressed up as presents.
Another must when gettingraw
Make these and freeze them for fun or emergencies!


No. 8
Raw Bananas Foster Cheesecake
All I can say is:
This was pretty tasty!


No. 9
Upside Down Berry Jumble
Another Basic Recipe that can adapt to any kind of fruit you have on hand. 
So much you can do with the key ingredients here.
Always impressive and always delicious!


No. 10
Key Lime Pie
I LOVE key lime pie and this was one of my all time favorites raw or not.
 I was so surprised! 
and don't even get me started on how much better these ingredients are for you....


So there you have it! 
Our Top 10 Raw Dessert Recipes (so far.)

Many are basics that make GettingRAW a little easier,
 especially if you have a sweet tooth. 

More to come ;-)


ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...